Sunday, July 12, 2009

Deanna's 23rd Birthday Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Well, the good new is: if you're looking for a cake you can prep in under 15 minutes - This is the cake! I wish I could say the same for the baking time. After 25 minutes baking, I began to smell the brown sugar caramelizing -but no cake smell. I opened the oven to test the cake and to my HORROR the cake still had a completely liquid center. The sides were browning nicely, but the center had a LONG way to go. So naturally, the panic set in!

Now, the cake baking unevenly could be one of two factors:
A.) My oven may need to be calibrated. I have misplaced my oven thermometer, so there is a chance that my oven didn't reach the proper cooking temperature.
B.) The cake yielded ALOT of batter. In addition to to the bottom (later to be the top) of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture (1/2") the cake filled the 10" pan almost to the brim!

All in all, the cake turned out extremely well, and even though I had my doubts due to the baking woes, this cake was very well received! It was very moist, exploding with flavor, and definitely a crowd pleaser!

I can't say this was one of the most challenging cakes I have ever baked but it's something I would definitely do again if someone requests one... (AKA: Cassie!)




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Christi Estep said...

Dang Deanna - 23? Your getting old!! :)
At July 15, 2009 at 2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<--- Back to Belly's Bake Shop