Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Chocolate Frosting

I'm not a fan of chocolate...THERE, I said it. Yes, I know, to utter such words is considered a sin by many, but my palette has refused to be open minded. Chocolate candy bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fondue, chocolate cake... none of these things have ever sat well with me.

I decided to give in and give myself a nudge, after all... if I am going to pursue this little baking dream of mine, then I might as well bite the bullet and start making some badass chocolate pastries.

I started small; baby steps, you know! Today's mission: chocolate frosting. I wanted a creamy, buttery, but not too rich frosting... boy did I hit the nail on the head. The frosting tastes like chocolate cake batter but with a buttercream texture. It's incredible!

Chocolate Frosting
6 tbsp butter
5-6 tbsp milk
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

The only drawback: To reach the desire texture, you have to whip for 2-3 minutes and this causes the frosting to lose some of it's rich chocolatey color. (I guess I could always cheat and use some brown food color!)

chocolatefrosting


That's all for tonight! Someone please come over and eat these damn things. I've already had 3... =/

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yummmmm!
how do we order from Belly's Bakeshop???
At July 1, 2009 at 11:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of chocolate either, except white chocolate.. now if you made some of those, I'd drive up there and eat 'em all :]
At July 20, 2009 at 6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<--- Back to Belly's Bake Shop