Thursday, July 02, 2009

Angelica 15 - Shopping

Other than getting off early and having a 3 day weekend, today was awesome for another reason. I met with Jessica again for the next phase of Angelica's Quinceneara cake(s) preparation: shopping. This is a VERY elaborate and exciting production that I am honored to be a part of! After only 2 meetings with the family I have already learned so many things about Mexican culture, traditions, and symbolism.

This cake will challenge my abilities as a cake decorator and I couldn't be more excited! Possible hardships: Texas heat/humidity, long distance transportation, difficult assembly, unusual fillings, buttercream (enough said! LOL), and did I mention I'm doing all this alone?!?! Haha. I've always had an assistant in previous large scale projects, but no one was available for this time slot! (If you're interested please Email Me!!!!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<--- Back to Belly's Bake Shop